Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So Much Going On

I am just so excited for all that is going on right now.  It's funny, I thought summer was supposed to slow down but instead, it seems like things have kicked up quite a few notches.  But I am totally loving it!! 

 I have 2 tutorials in the next 2 days  and then another one next week, and one in July.  I just love participating in blog hops and the like, it is so much fun and I make so many amazing friends.  And best of all, it really helps me to get my projects done!



And I also have my non-blogger land projects in works. Yesterday I quilted the center Semi in my Dad's Father's Day quilt.  Now I just can't decide how I want to quilt the rest of it.  I am debating between the same pattern on a larger scale or wavy lines.  Any suggestions??


And I continue to work on my King and Queen size Braided Irish chains.  These 2 are a huge WIP but I just love working with these fabrics so that is nice.  Each night my husband and I watch old episodes of  Friends to unwind before bed.  It is a great time for him to surf the internet and check up on sports and I use the time to pin.  This is what I did last night.  (It's nice that we can spend time together but we both still get to do what we want, tee hee hee :)

And the nights before I pinned these 2 stacks.  The 4 patch squares are all done and the other stack has now been stitched and I just need to press them now.  It is amazing how long it takes to pin a stack over 100 pieces.  I need to teach my kids how to press :)

And I pulled some fabrics for one of those tutorials mentioned above.  I am excited to start cutting into this happy stack!  And I am just waiting on fabric to arrive for the Christmas in July tutorials.

So here is the rundown.  Not so many completions but a lot of work going on, so I am good with that :)


Designing Stage
  • King Size Serenity Quilt
  • Circle Meets Square Quilt
  • Snip and Clip Quilt - Just Waiting on Fabric to Arrive :)
Piecing Stage
  • Jessi and Me Quilt 
  • June Bee Block
  • Sew Bee Create Quilt
  • 10 Little Happy Kids
  • Braided Irish Chain - Queen and King
Quilting Stage
  • Solids Quilt for Free Motion
  • Father's Day Rolling on Out Quilt
Completed Stage
  • Kids Camp Project

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Olá,mal posso esperar para ver tudo isso e mais um pouco...Estou mais atolada que vaca no bréjo,não estou conseguindo dar conta de tudo que estou fazendo.Você é encantadoramente animada,boa sorte e Deus te abençoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are busy!! :) Love the quilting on that truck!! It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im intrigued by this braided irish quilt, is it a pattern or your own design?? LOVE the semi, how creative of you, your dad is going to love it, I love when handmade gifts have that extra special personalized touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you're one busy girl! I'll be waiting to see the updates.....is it scary that I have most of the prints you've featured....=D


    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quilt in the computer room for similar reasons. My husband can play his games/surf the internet and I can quilt. But we can still talk to each other if we want. Or at the very least we're near each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much on then ;o) Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you going to do with the 10 Little Things fabric? I recently made a quilt top using it myself:
    http://wannabequilter.com/2012/04/22/ben-bunny-me/
    I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa