Thursday, June 14, 2012

Patchwork Car Shade - A Tutorial for TNT

Sew Mama Sew is doing a wonderful Ready, Set, Go!!! series full of great tutorials to aid you on your summer travels.  Well for our family, the biggest issue about summer traveling is the beautiful Sunshine coming in through the car windows.  So I whipped up a fun little tutorial as part of the Ready, Set, Go!!! series.  A Patchwork Car Shade, that doubles as a Tic-Tac-Toe board.  Pop on over and check it out.  


And I was super excited to try something new for this little tutorial.  I tried using the automatic button hole maker (very techincal term) on my machine.  And I love it!!!  So much easier than the good old days of manipulating the zig-zag stitches at least 7 times to create 1 button hole.  Now I just type it in, stomp on the presser foot, and wham!!!  A button hole. And it's got me thinking I need to make some more projects with button holes :)


So what have you been trying new this week??  You know what to do . . . Link on Up :)


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. what a great idea for the kids!!
    And yes, that buttonhole gadget is amazing, love to watch it work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun idea! And thanks for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - good fun for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt game looks great! So much fun for long journeys =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously love my automatic button hole setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the car shade and tic tac toe - my fav!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to find your post as I am in need of a new car shade. I'm going to add your button to my blog to remind me to come over on Thursdays. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa